Why we observe the Torah:
• 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is breathed out by Elohim and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for setting straight, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of Elohim might be fitted, equipped for every good work."
We believe the entire scripture to be true, accurate, and applicable to our lives today. We take this scripture seriously. With all the different religious practices out there, how do we decide what is the right way? We look to what Elohim has written in the scripture, Elohim's word is truth!
• Deuteronomy 6:24-25 "And YHVH commanded us to do all these laws, to fear YHVH our Elohim, for our good always, to keep us alive, as it is today. And it is righteousness for us when we guard to do all this command before YHVH our Elohim, as He has commanded us."
We truly believe that the commandments of Elohim, whether in the new testament or the old testament, are righteous and for our benefit. They should be studied and followed to the maximum extent possible while we are in the diaspora. Certain instructions can only be truly completed in the nation of Yisrael, with a priesthood, and a temple, but these commands can be honored and practiced with our eyes firmly set on keeping and fulfilling them in the coming kingdom of Elohim.
• Matthew 5:17-20 the Messiah said: "Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete. For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one yod or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done. Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the heavens; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall by no means enter into the reign of the heavens."
Do not even think that Yeshua came to destroy the Torah, our Messiah said to not even entertain the thought! Heaven and earth (Deuteronomy 30:19) are his witnesses that the commandments of Elohim, given through Moshe, still are in effect. If heaven and earth are still around where you live, then the commandments of Elohim still stand. We believe that even the least of the commandments should be kept, Yah does not give us commandments in vain, they have practical and spiritual significance in our lives today.
• Psalm 119:151 "You are near, O YHVH, And all Your commands are truth."
John 17:17 Yeshua said: “Set them apart in Your truth – Your Word is truth."
John 14:6 Yeshua said: “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
We believe that Yeshua is the word, he is the truth, he is the living representation of the commandments brought to life, and the perfect representative of the Father.
• 1 John 2:3-6 "And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked."
How did Yeshua live his life? How did he walk out his faith? We should walk as he walked. Yeshua was a Jew, he lived as a Jew, he followed the laws of Moshe, perfectly! We should do likewise. We should live the way he lived, he is our example of what a righteous life should be. People who are teaching against Elohim's holy law are teaching against Yeshua himself!
• Deuteronomy 30:11-16 "For this command which I am commanding you today, it is not too hard for you, nor is it far off. It is not in the heavens, to say, ‘Who shall ascend into the heavens for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’ Nor is it beyond the sea, to say, ‘Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’ For the Word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart – to do it. See, I have set before you today life and good, and death and evil, in that I am commanding you today to love YHVH your Elohim, to walk in His ways, and to guard His commands, and His laws, and His right-rulings. And you shall live and increase, and YHVH your Elohim shall bless you in the land which you go to possess."
It is often said of the law of Moshe that it is impossible to keep, this is a lie straight from HaSatan himself. Our heavenly father specifically told us these commands are not too hard for us. We don't have to travel over land and sea to find out the deep things of Elohim, the scripture contains everything we need.
• Yeshua said in Matthew 7:21-23 that “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens. Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’ And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’ "
Can you imagine coming to the Messiah and being told to get away from him? Unthinkable. But this is exactly what these lawless people will be told. We need to strive to be law keepers, not law breakers.
• Isaiah 24:4-6 "The earth shall mourn and wither, the world shall languish and wither, the haughty people of the earth shall languish. For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torot (plural of Torah, teachings), changed the law, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left."
2 Peter 3:10-12 "But the day of YHVH shall come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with intense heat, and the earth and the works that are in it shall be burned up. Seeing all these are to be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be in set-apart behavior and reverence, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of Elohim, through which the heavens shall be destroyed, being set on fire, and the elements melt with intense heat!"
The earth is defiled because humanity has transgressed the Torah, changed the law, and broken the everlasting covenant!
• Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 "Let us hear the conclusion of the entire matter: Fear Elohim and guard His commands, for this applies to all mankind! For Elohim shall bring every work into right-ruling, including all that is hidden, whether good or whether evil."
This is the purpose of reading scripture, to cultivate a heart that will fear Elohim and keep his commandments. It is to bring about righteousness! We are called to be righteous and through the power of the holy spirit we can accomplish this lofty goal!